Call to improve ‘terrible’ drains
‘TERRIBLE’ blocked drains following recent storms have prompted a Sidmouth town councillor to call on highways bosses to be ‘proactive and not reactive’.
Councillor Jack Brokenshire said he clocked problems in Vicarage Road, Temple Street, Lymebourne Park, Woolbrook Road and up into Sidford on a recent scouting mission.
“Drains are in a terrible state in Sidmouth,” he said while telling colleagues of fears they are ‘backing up’.
Cllr Brokenshire added that some were ‘topped up’ with sand and called for Devon County Council (DCC) to be ‘proactive and not reactive’ in dealing with problems that could cause flooding.
County councillor Stuart Hughes said he had reported issued to the authority for further investigation.
You may also want to watch:
He added a one-day road closure would be required to tackle a problem in Salters Meadow.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses