Call to improve ‘terrible’ drains
‘TERRIBLE’ blocked drains following recent storms have prompted a Sidmouth town councillor to call on highways bosses to be ‘proactive and not reactive’.
Councillor Jack Brokenshire said he clocked problems in Vicarage Road, Temple Street, Lymebourne Park, Woolbrook Road and up into Sidford on a recent scouting mission.
“Drains are in a terrible state in Sidmouth,” he said while telling colleagues of fears they are ‘backing up’.
Cllr Brokenshire added that some were ‘topped up’ with sand and called for Devon County Council (DCC) to be ‘proactive and not reactive’ in dealing with problems that could cause flooding.
County councillor Stuart Hughes said he had reported issued to the authority for further investigation.
You may also want to watch:
He added a one-day road closure would be required to tackle a problem in Salters Meadow.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view