Call us over car keying urges Sidmouth Police
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles keyed while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, on Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles 'keyed' while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, on Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
"Six cars were damaged and only one owner so far has reported it to the police," said a spokeswoman for Sidmouth Police, who are investigating another incident that may be linked.
"It helps us with our investigation if they report it."
The keying incident, where paintwork was scratched with a key, took place at around 10.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
One victim was the Reverend Brian Hadfield, minister at Sidmouth Methodist Church, who encountered the police outside the church on Tuesday morning after it was cordoned off during forensic evidence-taking relating to an assault.
Those whose cars were damaged in the keying incident can contact police on (08452) 777 444.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future