Call us over car keying urges Sidmouth Police
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles keyed while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, on Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles 'keyed' while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, on Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
"Six cars were damaged and only one owner so far has reported it to the police," said a spokeswoman for Sidmouth Police, who are investigating another incident that may be linked.
"It helps us with our investigation if they report it."
The keying incident, where paintwork was scratched with a key, took place at around 10.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
One victim was the Reverend Brian Hadfield, minister at Sidmouth Methodist Church, who encountered the police outside the church on Tuesday morning after it was cordoned off during forensic evidence-taking relating to an assault.
Those whose cars were damaged in the keying incident can contact police on (08452) 777 444.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect