Calls to repeat ‘magical’ candlelit dinner in Sidmouth streets
- Credit: Archant
Diners dressed to the nines came together in Sidmouth’s Market Place for a candlelit meal on Sunday.
Organised by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, its secretary, Sylvia Brownlee, said: “It was a huge success and a totally magical evening. The weather was outstanding, the candles were glowing and the music was perfect.
“We had more than 200 people attend and they all rose to the occasion. Men were in black tie and the women looked fabulous.
“There was a lot of call for us to repeat it next year.”
The guests were treated to live music from a string quartet led by Roger Hendy and saxophonists Small Change and Friends, as well as music by DJ Paul Newman from Data Disco.
You may also want to watch:
The prize for the best dressed table went to a family of 12 with crystal glasses and candleholders – who then tucked in to a takeaway.
Proceeds from the dinner will be shared between the Sidmouth Regatta committee and the chamber.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead