Campaign brings Help Scheme �10k
CAMPAIGN 2010 has benefitted Ottery St Mary and District Help Scheme to the tune of �10,000.
In the latter part of the year, events such as Opera Revealed at Tipton Village Hall and a sponsored wheelchair push, organised by Ottery mum Toni Hiscocks, have ploughed vital funds and equipment into the community scheme.
Based at Coleridge Medical Centre, it provides transport, bereavement support and visits to the housebound.
Co-ordinator Pat Lane said being backed by the Herald had raised its profile. This had led to it being chosen as the mayor’s charity for 2010.
Coming up, there is a spring raffle and an event at Cadhay on Thursday, June 2, further details due closer to the time.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all down to our volunteers, they give their time and are so dedicated,” said Pat. “Without them, the scheme wouldn’t exist, so thanks to them, and everyone who supports us. We are incredibly grateful.”
Call (01404) 816700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC