Campaign brings Help Scheme �10k
CAMPAIGN 2010 has benefitted Ottery St Mary and District Help Scheme to the tune of �10,000.
In the latter part of the year, events such as Opera Revealed at Tipton Village Hall and a sponsored wheelchair push, organised by Ottery mum Toni Hiscocks, have ploughed vital funds and equipment into the community scheme.
Based at Coleridge Medical Centre, it provides transport, bereavement support and visits to the housebound.
Co-ordinator Pat Lane said being backed by the Herald had raised its profile. This had led to it being chosen as the mayor’s charity for 2010.
Coming up, there is a spring raffle and an event at Cadhay on Thursday, June 2, further details due closer to the time.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all down to our volunteers, they give their time and are so dedicated,” said Pat. “Without them, the scheme wouldn’t exist, so thanks to them, and everyone who supports us. We are incredibly grateful.”
Call (01404) 816700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 8 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 9 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth