Campaign targets Sidmouth and Ottery motorcyclists
MOTORCYCLISTS in the Sidmouth and Ottery areas are being targeted with the a new internet campaign to promote road safety.
Three short films have been produced as part of the Max Rider development package for bikers.
The internet videos, available on YouTube, aim to deliver a safety message and to inform motorcyclists about Max Rider- designed to help motorcyclists develop skills and improve safety through coaching and online advice.
Max Rider trainer Rob Derges said: “Motorcyclists are particularly hard to reach and we need to constantly find the most effective ways of engaging with them. These short films are humorous but informative to let them know that Max Rider can help them get the most out of their riding.”
The films follow on from successful Devon County Council’s (DCC) “viral” videos shorts which attracted over a quarter of a million hits on YouTube and appeared on biking internet sites and forums.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, DCC cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “These viral videos have proven extremely successful in the past.The videos are good fun and as motorcyclists pass them on it helps spread a really worthwhile safety message about bikers keeping up their skills.”
Max Rider provides motorcyclists with vital skills for better riding.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
View the first video at www.youtube.com/maxrideruk