Can you help find owner of memento left in Sidmouth care home?
- Credit: Archant
A memento in a drawer has left staff at a Sidmouth care home scratching their heads for years but now they are upping their efforts to trace its owner.
Kerrie Howard has worked at the Rose Lawn property for eight years and managed it for four, and the small brass item with a face of a man on either side – believed to be an army cap badge – has never been claimed.
She and her colleagues have looked back through names of former residents and exhausted all their other ideas, so now she is appealing for help from the public.
“I would love to reunite it with somebody who possibly knew the gentleman in the photo,” said Kerry. “Hopefully we can get it back to the rightful owner.”
She shared photos of the item on Facebook and someone suggested the man may have been in the Devonshire Regiment.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help can call Kerrie at the care home on 01395 513876.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future