Cancer charity to be boosted by Woolbrook pub event
A WOOLBROOK pub is holding another fundraising event for cancer sufferers following last year s success.
A WOOLBROOK pub is holding another fundraising event for cancer sufferers following last year's success.
Sally and Steve Jackson have chosen Cancer Research UK as its charity after one of their regulars was diagnosed with a rare terminal cancer.
"Last year we had three regulars and one member of staff all suffering with cancer and decided to have a charity event to raise money for FORCE and the Sidmouth Hospice," said the couple, who run The Balfour Arms.
"Thankfully three of them have gone into remission. Unfortunately one has been diagnosed as terminal and has requested that this year the money be raised for Cancer Research."
You may also want to watch:
Last year's event raised �3,500. Now they are organising a party-style event on Saturday, June 27, with live music from Chris Stucky and The Dogs, together with karaoke "later on once people have a little more courage".
"We will be having a Gladiator jousting competition in the garden, along with a barbeque and cocktail bar," they said.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
All profits from ticket sales - �5 from the pub - prize draw and swear box, will be donated to the charity.