Cancer charity to be boosted by Woolbrook pub event
A WOOLBROOK pub is holding another fundraising event for cancer sufferers following last year s success.
A WOOLBROOK pub is holding another fundraising event for cancer sufferers following last year's success.
Sally and Steve Jackson have chosen Cancer Research UK as its charity after one of their regulars was diagnosed with a rare terminal cancer.
"Last year we had three regulars and one member of staff all suffering with cancer and decided to have a charity event to raise money for FORCE and the Sidmouth Hospice," said the couple, who run The Balfour Arms.
"Thankfully three of them have gone into remission. Unfortunately one has been diagnosed as terminal and has requested that this year the money be raised for Cancer Research."
You may also want to watch:
Last year's event raised �3,500. Now they are organising a party-style event on Saturday, June 27, with live music from Chris Stucky and The Dogs, together with karaoke "later on once people have a little more courage".
"We will be having a Gladiator jousting competition in the garden, along with a barbeque and cocktail bar," they said.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
All profits from ticket sales - �5 from the pub - prize draw and swear box, will be donated to the charity.