Cancer charity to be boosted by Woolbrook pub event
A WOOLBROOK pub is holding another fundraising event for cancer sufferers following last year s success.
A WOOLBROOK pub is holding another fundraising event for cancer sufferers following last year's success.
Sally and Steve Jackson have chosen Cancer Research UK as its charity after one of their regulars was diagnosed with a rare terminal cancer.
"Last year we had three regulars and one member of staff all suffering with cancer and decided to have a charity event to raise money for FORCE and the Sidmouth Hospice," said the couple, who run The Balfour Arms.
"Thankfully three of them have gone into remission. Unfortunately one has been diagnosed as terminal and has requested that this year the money be raised for Cancer Research."
You may also want to watch:
Last year's event raised �3,500. Now they are organising a party-style event on Saturday, June 27, with live music from Chris Stucky and The Dogs, together with karaoke "later on once people have a little more courage".
"We will be having a Gladiator jousting competition in the garden, along with a barbeque and cocktail bar," they said.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
All profits from ticket sales - �5 from the pub - prize draw and swear box, will be donated to the charity.