Cancer survivor’s model approach to boosting charity
A MUM-OF-TWO who beat breast cancer is set to conquer the catwalk for the first time to boost a cause close to her heart.
Fiona Gunn, 53, of Newton Poppleford, wants to show others how they can look glamorous and feel amazing after a devastating diagnosis.
Her appearance at Breast Cancer Care’s star-studded London Fashion Show at the Grosvenor House Hotel, in Park Lane, on October 3 will come five years after doctors delivered bad news to her.
“It’s my first time on the catwalk and taking part is going to be outside my comfort zone,” Exeter Road resident Fiona told the Herald.
“It’s something I would never have contemplated or had the confidence to do before.
You may also want to watch:
“Having breast cancer was devastating. It turns your life upside down, inside out and back to front. I used many of the charity’s services when I went through my treatment.
“Now I’m just trying to put something back into the cause that helped me.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Fiona, who was diagnosed in May 2007, and 23 other inspiring men and women will model a fabulous range of designer clothing from fashion’s elite including Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney and Vivienne Westwood, as well as high street outfits.
The models will be styled by fashion correspondent, Hilary Alexander, alongside London Fashion Week coordinator, Lesley Goring. Their hair will be transformed by Sassoon Salons and make up applied by Est�e Lauder.
Breast Cancer Care chief executive, Samia al Qadhi said: “The models’ courage and hard work is an inspiration.”