Cannabis plants found on side of A30 in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Cannabis plants have been found on the side of the road in Ottery St Mary.
Police were called at about 11.15am today (Tuesday) to reports of marijuana plants on the side of the A30 at Daisy Mount Cross.
Officers are currently on the scene and Highways have assisted with a road closure on one lane, heading towards Honiton.
Driver have been told to expect delays if using this route on their way home.
An eye-witness who passed the scene said he saw a police van and five or six plants in black pots which were about 5ft tall- he believed they had been dumped there.
You may also want to watch:
Check back for updates.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight