Choir to perform Remembrance concert in Sidmouth
- Credit: Susan Allen
Programme includes readings as well as a wide range of choral music
The Exeter-based choir, Cantilena, has chosen Sidmouth for its special concert to mark Remembrance.
The performance, From Strife To Hope, is at All Saints Church on Saturday, December 1, at 7.30pm, and includes reflective readings and a wide range of choral pieces reflecting Cantilena’s broad repertoire.
The 25 strong-choir will perform music from the eight-part Requiem by English composer Herbert Howells
There will also be more familiar pieces including Eric Clapton’s Tears in Heaven and Morten Lauridsen’s Sure On This Shining Night.
You may also want to watch:
Musical director Hannah Stephenson said: “We’re very much looking forward to coming to Sidmouth and performing for the first time in the unique space of All Saints Church. We’re also particularly delighted that some of the musicians from the church will be joining us and performing several pieces of their own choice during the concert.”
Proceeds are being donated to CLAPA, the Cleft Lip and Palate Association, and Refugee Support Devon.
- 1 Making the most of our daily walks by the sea
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 Diamonds are forever - Devon Communities Together launches 60th anniversary campaign
- 4 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 5 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 6 Sidmouth Cricket Club building new partnerships
- 7 Young people welcome to ‘Youthie’ on Zoom
- 8 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 9 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue
- 10 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'