Choir to perform Remembrance concert in Sidmouth
- Credit: Susan Allen
Programme includes readings as well as a wide range of choral music
The Exeter-based choir, Cantilena, has chosen Sidmouth for its special concert to mark Remembrance.
The performance, From Strife To Hope, is at All Saints Church on Saturday, December 1, at 7.30pm, and includes reflective readings and a wide range of choral pieces reflecting Cantilena’s broad repertoire.
The 25 strong-choir will perform music from the eight-part Requiem by English composer Herbert Howells
There will also be more familiar pieces including Eric Clapton’s Tears in Heaven and Morten Lauridsen’s Sure On This Shining Night.
You may also want to watch:
Musical director Hannah Stephenson said: “We’re very much looking forward to coming to Sidmouth and performing for the first time in the unique space of All Saints Church. We’re also particularly delighted that some of the musicians from the church will be joining us and performing several pieces of their own choice during the concert.”
Proceeds are being donated to CLAPA, the Cleft Lip and Palate Association, and Refugee Support Devon.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution