Choir to perform Remembrance concert in Sidmouth
- Credit: Susan Allen
Programme includes readings as well as a wide range of choral music
The Exeter-based choir, Cantilena, has chosen Sidmouth for its special concert to mark Remembrance.
The performance, From Strife To Hope, is at All Saints Church on Saturday, December 1, at 7.30pm, and includes reflective readings and a wide range of choral pieces reflecting Cantilena’s broad repertoire.
The 25 strong-choir will perform music from the eight-part Requiem by English composer Herbert Howells
There will also be more familiar pieces including Eric Clapton’s Tears in Heaven and Morten Lauridsen’s Sure On This Shining Night.
You may also want to watch:
Musical director Hannah Stephenson said: “We’re very much looking forward to coming to Sidmouth and performing for the first time in the unique space of All Saints Church. We’re also particularly delighted that some of the musicians from the church will be joining us and performing several pieces of their own choice during the concert.”
Proceeds are being donated to CLAPA, the Cleft Lip and Palate Association, and Refugee Support Devon.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 8 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon