Car owner ‘feels like a doughnut’ after vehicle rolls off Esplanade onto Sidmouth beach
- Credit: Archant
“I think it is probably the most photographed car in Sidmouth now,” say police as images go viral on Facebook and Twitter
Beach goers snapped this unusual bit of parking on Sidmouth seafront this morning (Wednesday) - after a parked car ‘rolled off’ the eastern end of the Esplanade.
Police said no-one was in the silver Peugeot 206 when the vehicle slipped off the slipway during the night.
The owner of the vehicle, who wished to remain anonymous, told the Herald he ‘felt like a doughnut’ after pictures of his car were shared over Twitter and Facebook.
PC Adam Speers attended the scene and said it was unknown how the vehicle ended up nose-diving over the wall, but said it could have been a handbrake failure.
You may also want to watch:
PC Speers added: “It did cause a bit of attention this morning. I think it is probably the most photographed car in Sidmouth now.
“No-one was in the car when it tipped over the wall and stopped on the pebbles five feet below.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
“He [the owner] returned during the morning and sorted his own recovery, which was completed at about 12.30pm, which managed to drag it back up off the beach - not causing any damage to the environment.”