Car show promises to be a classic!
- Credit: Archant
ORGANISERS of a fundraising classic car show are revving up for a bumper turnout tomorrow (Saturday, June 22).
The event at Sidford’s Blue Ball will start at 11am and proceeds will boost Sidmouth Lifeboat.
It is organised by the Rover P4 Drivers Guild Devon branch who have members from all over Devon.
More than 60 motors are booked in and more are expected on the day - with everything from a Mini to a Rolls Royce and everything in between.
Cars from 1930 to 2010 will be on show including some modern classics.
You may also want to watch:
Show-goers will get the chance to explore an iconic Routemaster.
Tom Griffiths will be present with his 1920s Austin Toastrack and will be running trips into Sidmouth in exchange for a charity donation.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth Tennis Club serves up treat at Easter triples' tournament
“Judging from previous years, it’s bound to be a good day for all ages - a trip down memory lane for some and a history lesson for others,” said event organiser Ian Hartnell.
The club hosts a meeting once a month at the Blue Ball, so the pub seemed a natural venue for its annual show.
Once again, Sidmouth lifeboat is their designated charity. The cause got a £500 from the event last year.