Car show promises to be a classic!
- Credit: Archant
ORGANISERS of a fundraising classic car show are revving up for a bumper turnout tomorrow (Saturday, June 22).
The event at Sidford’s Blue Ball will start at 11am and proceeds will boost Sidmouth Lifeboat.
It is organised by the Rover P4 Drivers Guild Devon branch who have members from all over Devon.
More than 60 motors are booked in and more are expected on the day - with everything from a Mini to a Rolls Royce and everything in between.
Cars from 1930 to 2010 will be on show including some modern classics.
You may also want to watch:
Show-goers will get the chance to explore an iconic Routemaster.
Tom Griffiths will be present with his 1920s Austin Toastrack and will be running trips into Sidmouth in exchange for a charity donation.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
“Judging from previous years, it’s bound to be a good day for all ages - a trip down memory lane for some and a history lesson for others,” said event organiser Ian Hartnell.
The club hosts a meeting once a month at the Blue Ball, so the pub seemed a natural venue for its annual show.
Once again, Sidmouth lifeboat is their designated charity. The cause got a £500 from the event last year.