Care home plans for Ottery's Salston Manor Hotel
OTTERY S Salston Manor Hotel will be turned into a 76-bedroom residential care home if a planning application is granted.
OTTERY'S Salston Manor Hotel will be turned into a 76-bedroom residential care home if a planning application is granted.
The former family-run business in Fluxton Road, which proved a popular venue for wedding receptions and corporate events, has been closed for 18 months and was sold in April last year.
New owner Saltston Manor Ltd, who forked out �900,000 for the five acre site according to the Land Registry, has sought a change of use for the premises to provide nursing and medical care to the elderly.
Plans would see modern extensions on the site demolished along with the premises' squash courts and swimming pool buildings.
A new "sunken" three-storey building would then be constructed on the eastern elevation of the site's symbolic listed building.
Plans indicate a building occupied by a boules club in the grounds would remain in place.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 6 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 7 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 8 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 9 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 10 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
Ottery town council's planning committee members will voice their opinions on the proposals before they are subjected to East Devon District Council's development control process and a final decision is made.
Read more in next week's Ottery Herald.