Care home plans for Ottery's Salston Manor Hotel
OTTERY S Salston Manor Hotel will be turned into a 76-bedroom residential care home if a planning application is granted.
OTTERY'S Salston Manor Hotel will be turned into a 76-bedroom residential care home if a planning application is granted.
The former family-run business in Fluxton Road, which proved a popular venue for wedding receptions and corporate events, has been closed for 18 months and was sold in April last year.
New owner Saltston Manor Ltd, who forked out �900,000 for the five acre site according to the Land Registry, has sought a change of use for the premises to provide nursing and medical care to the elderly.
Plans would see modern extensions on the site demolished along with the premises' squash courts and swimming pool buildings.
You may also want to watch:
A new "sunken" three-storey building would then be constructed on the eastern elevation of the site's symbolic listed building.
Plans indicate a building occupied by a boules club in the grounds would remain in place.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
Ottery town council's planning committee members will voice their opinions on the proposals before they are subjected to East Devon District Council's development control process and a final decision is made.
Read more in next week's Ottery Herald.