Care home plans for Ottery's Salston Manor Hotel
OTTERY S Salston Manor Hotel will be turned into a 76-bedroom residential care home if a planning application is granted.
OTTERY'S Salston Manor Hotel will be turned into a 76-bedroom residential care home if a planning application is granted.
The former family-run business in Fluxton Road, which proved a popular venue for wedding receptions and corporate events, has been closed for 18 months and was sold in April last year.
New owner Saltston Manor Ltd, who forked out �900,000 for the five acre site according to the Land Registry, has sought a change of use for the premises to provide nursing and medical care to the elderly.
Plans would see modern extensions on the site demolished along with the premises' squash courts and swimming pool buildings.
You may also want to watch:
A new "sunken" three-storey building would then be constructed on the eastern elevation of the site's symbolic listed building.
Plans indicate a building occupied by a boules club in the grounds would remain in place.
- 1 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 2 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
Ottery town council's planning committee members will voice their opinions on the proposals before they are subjected to East Devon District Council's development control process and a final decision is made.
Read more in next week's Ottery Herald.