Chanters Carnival Classics car show to go ahead in Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the Chanters Carnival Classics have said the annual event will be taking place this year but with Covid-19 restrictions in place.
It is due to take place on Sunday, August 30, from 11am to 4pm, in the grounds of Chanters House, with social distancing measures in place and those attending will be encouraged to wear masks.
In an announcement on their Facebook page, they have said that those wanting to enter will need to book a place beforehand, as there will be limited spaces and no one will be allowed to book in on the day.
Vehicles on display often include tractors, sports and classic cars and working vehicles.
Organisers have also highlighted that the show raises money to support the tar barrels.
You may also want to watch:
In the announcement, it said: “This year has been extremely difficult for us to fundraise to keep this amazing tradition going, and although this event is free to participate in, we ask that you please donate generously where possible.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 3 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal