Chanters Carnival Classics car show to go ahead in Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the Chanters Carnival Classics have said the annual event will be taking place this year but with Covid-19 restrictions in place.
It is due to take place on Sunday, August 30, from 11am to 4pm, in the grounds of Chanters House, with social distancing measures in place and those attending will be encouraged to wear masks.
In an announcement on their Facebook page, they have said that those wanting to enter will need to book a place beforehand, as there will be limited spaces and no one will be allowed to book in on the day.
Vehicles on display often include tractors, sports and classic cars and working vehicles.
Organisers have also highlighted that the show raises money to support the tar barrels.
You may also want to watch:
In the announcement, it said: “This year has been extremely difficult for us to fundraise to keep this amazing tradition going, and although this event is free to participate in, we ask that you please donate generously where possible.”
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council