Carnival fun in the sun in Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Crowds flocked to enjoy a day of classic motors, mouse racing, music and more
Fun-lovers, young and old, flocked to Ottery St Mary for an entertaining afternoon - all to help keep one of the town’s ancient traditions alive.
The ever-popular family-friendly event on the Land of Canaan hosted a wide array of activities, from mouse racing, to tar barrel relays and even a toilet roll challenge.
Chanters House played host to a display of classic cars and bikes, by kind permission of Max and Grace Norris.
Visitors who prefer their motors in miniature form could swing by the East Devon Slot Car Racing Club stall.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a sizzling barbecue, cakes, cream teas and fun and games a’ plenty.
All proceeds go to support Ottery St Mary’s Flaming Tar Barrels event.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC