Carols by Candlelight at Sidmouth’s Donkey Sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
Visitors flocked to this year’s ever popular annual carol service at The Donkey Sanctuary.
Hundreds of visitors gathered at The Donkey Sanctuary for the annual Carols by Candlelight service last Friday.
The sanctuary was illuminated by thousands of candles, adding a truly magical feel to the evening, and as the temperature dropped the event commenced with local band Saxminster providing live music for all to enjoy.
The festive tunes continued throughout the evening with the service led by The Donkey Sanctuary chaplain the Reverend Stephen Knight in the main barn.
Visitors joined in singing traditional Christmas carols, surrounded of course by lots of adorable donkeys.
You may also want to watch:
The Donkey Sanctuary will be open throughout the Christmas period including Christmas Day, with the Christmas Spotter Trail running until Saturday, January 6.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman