Cash bonanza for Sidmouth Living With Cancer
- Credit: Archant
SWIMMING schoolgirls, an avid fundraiser and a night of entertainment have raised nearly £1,600 for Sidmouth Living With Cancer (SLWC).
Youngsters Gemma Manley and Bertie Miles handed a magnificent £419 to the cause after taking on the Boxing Day Swim.
Win Manley was able to benefit two charities with money raised at her annual coffee morning in December.
She presented £470 to the West of England School for Children with Little or No Sight and £344 to the Sidmouth group.
The school’s fundraising manager, John Duckham, attended SLWC’s last meeting and gave a talk on how it helps children.
You may also want to watch:
A show organised by Sue King at the Manor Pavilion on Saturday, March 9, raised £830.
SLWC founder Bill Lankester thanked all those involved.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
The charity is planning a quality table top sale for Friday, April 25, from 10am to noon at St John Hall and is inviting members of the public to rent a table (£8). Ring 01395 512918 or 01395 577221 for details.