Cash bonanza for Sidmouth Living With Cancer
- Credit: Archant
SWIMMING schoolgirls, an avid fundraiser and a night of entertainment have raised nearly £1,600 for Sidmouth Living With Cancer (SLWC).
Youngsters Gemma Manley and Bertie Miles handed a magnificent £419 to the cause after taking on the Boxing Day Swim.
Win Manley was able to benefit two charities with money raised at her annual coffee morning in December.
She presented £470 to the West of England School for Children with Little or No Sight and £344 to the Sidmouth group.
The school’s fundraising manager, John Duckham, attended SLWC’s last meeting and gave a talk on how it helps children.
You may also want to watch:
A show organised by Sue King at the Manor Pavilion on Saturday, March 9, raised £830.
SLWC founder Bill Lankester thanked all those involved.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
The charity is planning a quality table top sale for Friday, April 25, from 10am to noon at St John Hall and is inviting members of the public to rent a table (£8). Ring 01395 512918 or 01395 577221 for details.