Cash boost for East Devon villages
COMMUNITY buildings in villages near Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary could get a cash boost of up to �5,000 from East Devon District Council (EDDC).
The grants can be used to help refurbish, improve or even build village halls or community buildings in rural areas.
Successful projects in the past have included the re-roofing and refurbishment of a kitchen at Newton Poppleford Village Hall.
Organisations can apply for a maximum of �5,000 - but there must be match funding available of at least twice the amount of the funding from other sources plus local fundraising. For a grant of �5,000, they would need to show that �10,000 can be obtained from elsewhere.
The closing date for applications for this round of funding is Friday, March 16.
Councillor David Cox, chairman of the community fund panel, said: “In our rural areas, halls and community buildings are often at the very heart of the village and may be the only communal facility available to residents. EDDC recognises their importance and continues to support them.”
To find out more visit www.eastdevon.gov.uk/community_buildings_funding_in_east_devon or phone Jamie Buckley, community engagement and funding officer on 01395 517 569 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 7 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 8 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town