Cash boost for East Devon villages
COMMUNITY buildings in villages near Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary could get a cash boost of up to �5,000 from East Devon District Council (EDDC).
The grants can be used to help refurbish, improve or even build village halls or community buildings in rural areas.
Successful projects in the past have included the re-roofing and refurbishment of a kitchen at Newton Poppleford Village Hall.
Organisations can apply for a maximum of �5,000 - but there must be match funding available of at least twice the amount of the funding from other sources plus local fundraising. For a grant of �5,000, they would need to show that �10,000 can be obtained from elsewhere.
The closing date for applications for this round of funding is Friday, March 16.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor David Cox, chairman of the community fund panel, said: “In our rural areas, halls and community buildings are often at the very heart of the village and may be the only communal facility available to residents. EDDC recognises their importance and continues to support them.”
To find out more visit www.eastdevon.gov.uk/community_buildings_funding_in_east_devon or phone Jamie Buckley, community engagement and funding officer on 01395 517 569 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman