Cash for children’s area at Branscombe church
St Winifred’s in Branscombe will use cash from a grant from the Diocese of Exeter to create a dedicated children’s area in the church.
Most of the �28,000 given to the Colyton Mission Community, which includes Colyford, Colyton, Musbury, Southleigh as well as Branscombe, will be spent on a youth worker to work with all of the parishes over the next three years.
But St Winifred’s will get around �900 from Exeter Diocese’s ‘Million for Mission’ fund to spend on the church, which secretary Sylvia Clayton says will be used to in an attempt to make it more family friendly.
They will clear out some of the pews and make a special seating area for children and families.
The team rector, Reverend Hilary Dawson, said: “We are delighted that our bid was successful and are extremely grateful to have been given this sum of money which will allow us to begin some exciting new work in our local area.”
You may also want to watch:
Sylvia added they have already had plenty of interest for the part-time ‘Children’s Adviser/Practitioner’ role they are creating, but for further information and details of how to apply, contact Emma Laughton in the Mission Community Office on 01297 552307, or email email@example.com.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride