Cash for children’s area at Branscombe church
St Winifred’s in Branscombe will use cash from a grant from the Diocese of Exeter to create a dedicated children’s area in the church.
Most of the �28,000 given to the Colyton Mission Community, which includes Colyford, Colyton, Musbury, Southleigh as well as Branscombe, will be spent on a youth worker to work with all of the parishes over the next three years.
But St Winifred’s will get around �900 from Exeter Diocese’s ‘Million for Mission’ fund to spend on the church, which secretary Sylvia Clayton says will be used to in an attempt to make it more family friendly.
They will clear out some of the pews and make a special seating area for children and families.
The team rector, Reverend Hilary Dawson, said: “We are delighted that our bid was successful and are extremely grateful to have been given this sum of money which will allow us to begin some exciting new work in our local area.”
You may also want to watch:
Sylvia added they have already had plenty of interest for the part-time ‘Children’s Adviser/Practitioner’ role they are creating, but for further information and details of how to apply, contact Emma Laughton in the Mission Community Office on 01297 552307, or email email@example.com.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music