Cash needed for employment website
- Credit: Archant
A SIDMOUTH man, who is planning a website to help unemployed youngsters, is appealing for donations to make his idea a reality. Ian Clifford’s ‘YouRock’ site is an online social network aimed at under 25s who are looking for work.
The website will help young people record examples of their business and IT skills, which Ian hopes will give them an edge in the competitive jobs market.
He said: “While almost all young people are online daily, they often do not use online tools to become more employable.
“For example, they may sell things on eBay, and this shows a whole range of business skills hidden inside it, but they don’t perceive these skills as something they could use to help build a career profile.”
He added: “My aim right now is to get the ball rolling and I am looking to get as many people involved as possible in the fundraising.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the story went in the Herald (on August 23) I’ve had several more pledges which has taken the online donations to over £3000.”
More information on the project, including how to donate, can be found online at www.crowdfunder.co.uk/yourock
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair