Cash needed for employment website
- Credit: Archant
A SIDMOUTH man, who is planning a website to help unemployed youngsters, is appealing for donations to make his idea a reality. Ian Clifford’s ‘YouRock’ site is an online social network aimed at under 25s who are looking for work.
The website will help young people record examples of their business and IT skills, which Ian hopes will give them an edge in the competitive jobs market.
He said: “While almost all young people are online daily, they often do not use online tools to become more employable.
“For example, they may sell things on eBay, and this shows a whole range of business skills hidden inside it, but they don’t perceive these skills as something they could use to help build a career profile.”
He added: “My aim right now is to get the ball rolling and I am looking to get as many people involved as possible in the fundraising.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the story went in the Herald (on August 23) I’ve had several more pledges which has taken the online donations to over £3000.”
More information on the project, including how to donate, can be found online at www.crowdfunder.co.uk/yourock
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz