Cash raised for charity and more news
A cake sale raised cash for ShelterBox recently. Read this and more
COLLECTION: Sidmouth Help Link volunteers will stage a street collection in the town on the morning of Thursday, October 6. Residents and visitors have been asked to give generously to the charity.
STROKE CLUB: Sidmouth Stroke Club meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 2.30pm at Trumps Court. Anyone wishing to attend can contact club secretary, Mrs Wells, on (01395) 512873. Organisers would be delighted to meet newcomers and carers are also welcome.
You may also want to watch:
STEPPERS: Sidmouth Steppers will stage Tuesday taster sessions on October 4 and 11. The events will take place at the Lawn Vista Guide Hut at 7.30pm. New dancers or musicians are welcome to attend the free sessions. For more information contact Liz on (01395) 513389.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
PARENTS’ THANKS: Members of Sidmouth C of E Primary School’s Parents Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA) raised �36 for ShelterBox with a recent cake sale. PTFA members also sell tea, coffee, squash and biscuits every Friday in the Woolbrook Road site’s playground to raise cash for the school. The organisation is collecting used printer cartridges and mobile phones to boost funds.
BINGO: Sidford Playgroup will stage a bingo night at the village’s social hall in Byes Lane at 5.30pm next Friday, October 7. There will be hot dogs and refreshments with eyes down at 6pm. Cash prizes and a raffle will feature. All are welcome to attend. All proceeds will go to the playgroup.
PIPS: The Apple Pips Toddler Group meets at Sidmouth C of E Primary School’s Manstone Avenue site from 9.30am to 10.30am every Monday. All are welcome.
EXTENSION: Owners of 33 Fleming Avenue, Sidford, want to build a two-storey extension, rear conservatory and utility room at the property. The district council will decide the fate of a plans.