Cash raised for charity and more news
A cake sale raised cash for ShelterBox recently. Read this and more
COLLECTION: Sidmouth Help Link volunteers will stage a street collection in the town on the morning of Thursday, October 6. Residents and visitors have been asked to give generously to the charity.
STROKE CLUB: Sidmouth Stroke Club meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 2.30pm at Trumps Court. Anyone wishing to attend can contact club secretary, Mrs Wells, on (01395) 512873. Organisers would be delighted to meet newcomers and carers are also welcome.
You may also want to watch:
STEPPERS: Sidmouth Steppers will stage Tuesday taster sessions on October 4 and 11. The events will take place at the Lawn Vista Guide Hut at 7.30pm. New dancers or musicians are welcome to attend the free sessions. For more information contact Liz on (01395) 513389.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
PARENTS’ THANKS: Members of Sidmouth C of E Primary School’s Parents Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA) raised �36 for ShelterBox with a recent cake sale. PTFA members also sell tea, coffee, squash and biscuits every Friday in the Woolbrook Road site’s playground to raise cash for the school. The organisation is collecting used printer cartridges and mobile phones to boost funds.
BINGO: Sidford Playgroup will stage a bingo night at the village’s social hall in Byes Lane at 5.30pm next Friday, October 7. There will be hot dogs and refreshments with eyes down at 6pm. Cash prizes and a raffle will feature. All are welcome to attend. All proceeds will go to the playgroup.
PIPS: The Apple Pips Toddler Group meets at Sidmouth C of E Primary School’s Manstone Avenue site from 9.30am to 10.30am every Monday. All are welcome.
EXTENSION: Owners of 33 Fleming Avenue, Sidford, want to build a two-storey extension, rear conservatory and utility room at the property. The district council will decide the fate of a plans.