Cash will give Sharks extra byte(s)
- Credit: Archant
MEMBERS of Sidmouth Sharks Swimming Club can sink their teeth into some new technology, thanks to a £695 grant.
The group, which has 100 members aged from seven to 18, can purchase a pair of iPads and other equipment due to Sid Vale Association’s generous Keith Owen Fund
The hi-tech kit will help coaches improve swimmers’ technique.
The Reverend Handel Bennett, chairman of the Keith Owen Fund, was delighted to present the Sharks with a cheque for £695 in matched funding.
He said: “This is our contribution towards the purchase of two iPads. These will help the fitness coaches improve each swimmer’s technique.
You may also want to watch:
“Swimming strokes will be videoed and compared with ideal performance on the iPad. In this way, swimmers’ personal achievements can be monitored and enhanced. The funding also provides stopwatches, and skipping ropes, etc.”
Members of the Sharks attend any of the five club sessions at Sidmouth’s pool from Friday to Tuesday in term time.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Club chairman Louise Hastie said: “We recognise every child who comes to us is capable of reaching a better performance. The encouragement of personal goal setting, and a positive experience, helps them to reach their full potential.
n The Keith Owen Fund supports voluntary effort within the community.
An application form can be downloaded from www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.