Catwalk boost for Sidmouth teen’s Borneo trip
- Credit: Archant
A fashion show tonight (Friday) will bring a boost to a Sidmouth College student’s £4,000 appeal for a life-changing trip to the Far East.
Robyn Hansford is working to raise most of the money herself and is committing any Christmas, birthday or other cash she gets to her fundraising.
The fashion show is only her second event and she is getting her friends to take to the catwalk in clothes from M&Co.
The 16-year-old’s mum, Miranda, said: “She has to raise a huge sum – for anyone that age it’s a bit daunting, but she’s worked since she was 14 and plans to raise most of the money herself.
“It’s really good for her to have goal to work towards. We’re hoping the fashion show will be a different and fun evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Robyn is deaf in one ear and has a few other physical problems, so her mum said the trip will be a good opportunity to prove what she is capable of.
Next year’s expedition to Borneo, with Camps International, will see the students live and work with families, research endangered species and plant trees to offset their carbon footprints.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
The fashion show will take place at Sidford Social Hall from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
It will also feature a raffle, with prizes including a cream tea for four at the Salty Monk and various beauty and therapy treatments from local businesses.
Tickets (£7) are available from Hair Temple and Annies of Sidmouth.