CBeebies star Jelly the Frog visits the Council's stand at County Show
THE BBC s Cbeebies star, Jelly the Frog, will be visiting Devon County Council s stand at the Devon County Show, on the 22nd and 23rd May.
THE BBC's Cbeebies star, Jelly the Frog, will be visiting Devon County Council's stand at the Devon County Show, on the 22nd and 23rd May.
Jelly the Frog, familiar to millions of Cbeebies younger viewers, will be chatting to families about how they can help wildlife in Devon. Jelly will be on the stand at 12pm to 12:30pm and 3pm to 3:30pm on Friday 22nd, and 12pm to 12:30pm and 3:40pm to 4:10pm on Saturday 23 May..
Viewers will perhaps know the 'Springwatch' and 'Autumnwatch' initiatives that celebrate our British seasons, which are part of the BBC's Breathing Places campaign to promote greater public awareness of nature.
This year, Devon County Council has teamed up with the BBC to get everyone in Devon involved in the campaign by getting outside and discovering more about Devon's fantastic natural environment.
You may also want to watch:
The County Council has developed a programme for the year which aims to promote all wildlife events and activities across the county, especially those linked to BBC initiatives such as Springwatch, Green Balloon Club family events and Autumnwatch.
Events are organised by a wide range of organisations, including Devon Wildlife Trust, AONBs and the RSPB. The programme also encourages schools and community groups to get involved in the breathing places campaign.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 4 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 5 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
A programme listing key events will be available at the County Show and made available in libraries. Other events and further information can be found at www.devon.gov.uk/breathingplaces from Friday 15 May.