Celebrate 50 years of Tipton St John’s playing field
- Credit: Archant
A weekend of fun for all the family – boasting an appearance from a TV personality – is being staged next month to mark the 50th anniversary of Tipton St John’s playing field.
The celebrations will kick off on Friday, July 7, with live music from the McSmiths and supporting acts.
The following morning will see the return of the Tipton 10km race and fun run, plus a flower and produce show and cookery, art and photographic competitions.
The Tipton Scouts will provide barbecue lunches from noon before TV and radio presenter Jeremy Vine conducts the grand opening. There will also be a dancing display and old fashioned school games for teams, a family dog show and then an evening disco with a hog roast.
Sunday, July 9, will open at 10am with a celebratory service of praise before a barn dance at 2.30pm and a grand draw, with a top prize of £100 up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds will be used to improve and upgrade the children’s play area.
Call Ann Knight for ticketing details on 01404 812040.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98