Don’t miss this event if you love Devon’s beautiful trees
- Credit: Ed Dolphin
A Celebration of Trees, with talks, music and a craft demonstration at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House
Trees will be celebrated in storytelling, songs and even a quiz at a free event organised by the Sidmouth Arboretum.
The Celebration of Trees takes place on Friday, November 30, from 6.30 until 8.30pm, at the Cellar Bar, Kennaway House.
Tales will be told by Jon Freeman, from the Clyst Valley Ancient Trees Project, and talks will be given by John Wilding MBE, the head of forestry at Clinton Devon Estates, and Tracey West, of the Word Forest, an eco-activist and writer.
The Sid Vale Folk Choir will perform songs relating to trees and there will be stalls from groups including the Friends of the Byes, the SVA, the National Trust, the Devon Wildlife Trust and the Forestry Commission.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be hand-crafted wood-turning for sale and a demonstration of pyrography, which is the art of decorating wood by burning a design on the surface with a heated metallic point.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC