Don’t miss this event if you love Devon’s beautiful trees
- Credit: Ed Dolphin
A Celebration of Trees, with talks, music and a craft demonstration at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House
Trees will be celebrated in storytelling, songs and even a quiz at a free event organised by the Sidmouth Arboretum.
The Celebration of Trees takes place on Friday, November 30, from 6.30 until 8.30pm, at the Cellar Bar, Kennaway House.
Tales will be told by Jon Freeman, from the Clyst Valley Ancient Trees Project, and talks will be given by John Wilding MBE, the head of forestry at Clinton Devon Estates, and Tracey West, of the Word Forest, an eco-activist and writer.
The Sid Vale Folk Choir will perform songs relating to trees and there will be stalls from groups including the Friends of the Byes, the SVA, the National Trust, the Devon Wildlife Trust and the Forestry Commission.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be hand-crafted wood-turning for sale and a demonstration of pyrography, which is the art of decorating wood by burning a design on the surface with a heated metallic point.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again