Chair yoga Culver House residents boost Devon Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Abbeyfield residents are helping to keep Devon Air Ambulance up in the air after raising £100 through chair yoga.
Led by instructor Joan Shaw, residents at Culver House have been getting fit and flexible through the gentle exercises and decided to donate towards a good cause.
The class decided on Devon Air Ambulance as one resident works as a volunteer in its Sidmouth shop.
Jacqui Page, house manager, said: “It was just £100 but they [the charity] were grateful. It was a voluntary contribution as the residents felt it was nice to do and donated to them as one of our residents volunteers in the Devon Air Ambulance shop.
“Joan has been doing this for a number of years and has volunteered with Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society for quite some time.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would be interested in volunteering at Culver House, phone 01395 515142 to speak to Jacqui.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary