Chamber launches town quiz and other news
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
Ottery’s chamber of commerce is putting residents’ knowledge of the town to the test in a new quiz. Read this and more.
TOWN POSERS: Ottery’s chamber of commerce is putting residents’ knowledge of the town to the test in a new quiz.
All the answers will be businesses or landmarks in the area and there will be 30 top prizes for the winners, which will be drawn at the end of August.
Entry is £1 and questionnaires can be picked up in shops where the poster is displayed.
Clues and questions include: ‘You will get a longing for this store’ and ‘What anniversary will Otter Nurseries celebrate next year?’
GARDEN PARTY: Angela Court care home in Tipton St John is holding its annual garden party from 2.30pm until 5pm next Saturday (July 20).
- 1 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 2 Ottery resident honoured by Spanish principality
- 3 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 4 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 5 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 6 DCC survey shows the condition of Devon's roads has improved
- 7 Tell us a Story
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe to hold first session of the New Year
- 9 Book your space in the Ottery Tent at 2022 Food and Families Festival
- 10 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
The afternoon will feature a raffle, stalls, cream teas, a bouncy castle and a live band.
For more information, call 01404 812495.
WINDMILL LANE: A pair of dwellings will be built on a plot of land adjacent to 5 Windmill Lane, West Hill, if a planning application is successful.
PLAN ‘OK’: Plans for a five-bedroom house at The Grange in Higher Metcombe, West Hill, are on the verge of being given the go-ahead.
The proposal has been recommended for approval for when it goes befoee the district council development management committee on Tuesday.