Chamber launches town quiz and other news
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
Ottery’s chamber of commerce is putting residents’ knowledge of the town to the test in a new quiz. Read this and more.
TOWN POSERS: Ottery’s chamber of commerce is putting residents’ knowledge of the town to the test in a new quiz.
All the answers will be businesses or landmarks in the area and there will be 30 top prizes for the winners, which will be drawn at the end of August.
Entry is £1 and questionnaires can be picked up in shops where the poster is displayed.
Clues and questions include: ‘You will get a longing for this store’ and ‘What anniversary will Otter Nurseries celebrate next year?’
You may also want to watch:
GARDEN PARTY: Angela Court care home in Tipton St John is holding its annual garden party from 2.30pm until 5pm next Saturday (July 20).
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall
The afternoon will feature a raffle, stalls, cream teas, a bouncy castle and a live band.
For more information, call 01404 812495.
WINDMILL LANE: A pair of dwellings will be built on a plot of land adjacent to 5 Windmill Lane, West Hill, if a planning application is successful.
PLAN ‘OK’: Plans for a five-bedroom house at The Grange in Higher Metcombe, West Hill, are on the verge of being given the go-ahead.
The proposal has been recommended for approval for when it goes befoee the district council development management committee on Tuesday.