Chance to comment on airport masterplan
THERE will be a chance for people living in Sidmouth to view a touring display of Exeter International Airport s expansion plans next month.
THERE will be a chance for people living in Sidmouth to view a touring display of Exeter International Airport's expansion plans next month.
Currently at Honiton Library for two weeks, the display moves to East Devon District Council's foyer on Monday, September 1, for a fortnight.
The exhibition shows the airport's draft master plan for development until 2030 and booklets will be available to read and return comments.
Plans include trebling passenger numbers to some 3.4 million a year, developing terminal facilities and extra parking.
You may also want to watch:
The airport wants to become carbon neutral by 2015.
There is a 12-week consultation period for comments about the scheme to be submitted by the end of September.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
A spokesman at EDDC said council staff would not be in a position to answer questions as it was purely providing a display area in the outer foyer for Exeter Airport.
"There will be a good stock of booklets with a tear out comment sheet in them and the website address will be displayed," he said. "For anyone with queries they should contact the airport direct."
The full document is available on Exeter Airport's website: www.exeter-airport. co.uk/masterplan.