Change of roles at Sidmouth Museum and other news
Sidmouth Museum has said a fond farewell to its long-serving shop manager Christine Bull. Read this and more.
MUSEUM FAREWELL: Sidmouth Museum has said a fond farewell to its long-serving shop manager Christine Bull.
Christine joined the Sid Vale Association when she moved to the town five years ago, volunteered to help the museum and was promptly enlisted to run the shop.
She said: “I feel I have met the challenge I was set, introducing modern retailing in a limited space. I am now very happy to hand over to Carol Griffiths who will bring in her own new ideas.”
Happily, the museum is not losing Christine completely as she will continue to be closely involved.
You may also want to watch:
FLEA MARKET: A Christmas Flea Market will take place in Sidmouth on every Thursday and Friday this month – and on Saturday, December 22.
- 1 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
A range of gifts, collectables, jewellery, books and more will be on sale from 8.30am to 3.30pm at St John Ambulance Hall in Blackmore Drive.
Entry is free.