‘A great day’ at Chanters Carnival Classics vehicle show 2019
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 vehicles went on display at the Chanters Carnival Classics show on Sunday, August 25.
Organiser Laura Dyer, from the Ottery Carnival Committee, said: "A great day was had by all and the weather was very kind to us."
The Ottery Carnival Trophy for best car was won by M Hayton with his 1972 Renault Alpine, and the Ivor Cobbledick trophy for best motorcycle was won by A Down with his 1931 Coventry Eagle.
The Mike Scanes trophy for best commercial vehicle was won by I Hodder with his 1971 Bedford J Type, and the MNR Mowers trophy for best agricultural vehicle was won by P Johnston with his 1947 Massey Ferguson TE20.
Laura said she and the carnival committee would like to thank all the exhibitors and visitors.
You may also want to watch:
She also thanked Hall and Scott Estate Agents and MNR Mowers for their help and sponsorship, and the volunteers who gave up their time to park the vehicles.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98