‘A great day’ at Chanters Carnival Classics vehicle show 2019
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 vehicles went on display at the Chanters Carnival Classics show on Sunday, August 25.
Organiser Laura Dyer, from the Ottery Carnival Committee, said: "A great day was had by all and the weather was very kind to us."
The Ottery Carnival Trophy for best car was won by M Hayton with his 1972 Renault Alpine, and the Ivor Cobbledick trophy for best motorcycle was won by A Down with his 1931 Coventry Eagle.
The Mike Scanes trophy for best commercial vehicle was won by I Hodder with his 1971 Bedford J Type, and the MNR Mowers trophy for best agricultural vehicle was won by P Johnston with his 1947 Massey Ferguson TE20.
Laura said she and the carnival committee would like to thank all the exhibitors and visitors.
You may also want to watch:
She also thanked Hall and Scott Estate Agents and MNR Mowers for their help and sponsorship, and the volunteers who gave up their time to park the vehicles.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out