Charities scoop Beer music festival cash bonanza
THE success of this year s Beer Music for Life was marked at a cheque presentation last week.
THE success of this year's Beer Music for Life was marked at a cheque presentation last week.
The 12 hour music festival, held on June 20, raised more than �6,300 for cancer charity FORCE and Children's Hospice South West.
Various other local charities, including NESPSA, the local prostate awareness support group, Puffins, Beer Primary School PTFA and Beer WI, also benefited from donations collected on the day.
Last week, Beer Music for Life organisers met with representatives from the two main charities at Beer Sailing Club to hand over the cheques.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are already afoot for next year's festival, which will be held on Saturday, July 3.
Annie Boalch, chairman of the event, said many bands want to play again and others have inquired about taking part.
- 1 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 5 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
Anyone who is willing to help with next year's event or who can suggest worthwhile charities, please ring Annie on (01297) 21305.