Charities scoop Beer music festival cash bonanza
THE success of this year s Beer Music for Life was marked at a cheque presentation last week.
THE success of this year's Beer Music for Life was marked at a cheque presentation last week.
The 12 hour music festival, held on June 20, raised more than �6,300 for cancer charity FORCE and Children's Hospice South West.
Various other local charities, including NESPSA, the local prostate awareness support group, Puffins, Beer Primary School PTFA and Beer WI, also benefited from donations collected on the day.
Last week, Beer Music for Life organisers met with representatives from the two main charities at Beer Sailing Club to hand over the cheques.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are already afoot for next year's festival, which will be held on Saturday, July 3.
Annie Boalch, chairman of the event, said many bands want to play again and others have inquired about taking part.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Anyone who is willing to help with next year's event or who can suggest worthwhile charities, please ring Annie on (01297) 21305.