Charities scoop Beer music festival cash bonanza
THE success of this year s Beer Music for Life was marked at a cheque presentation last week.
THE success of this year's Beer Music for Life was marked at a cheque presentation last week.
The 12 hour music festival, held on June 20, raised more than �6,300 for cancer charity FORCE and Children's Hospice South West.
Various other local charities, including NESPSA, the local prostate awareness support group, Puffins, Beer Primary School PTFA and Beer WI, also benefited from donations collected on the day.
Last week, Beer Music for Life organisers met with representatives from the two main charities at Beer Sailing Club to hand over the cheques.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are already afoot for next year's festival, which will be held on Saturday, July 3.
Annie Boalch, chairman of the event, said many bands want to play again and others have inquired about taking part.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Anyone who is willing to help with next year's event or who can suggest worthwhile charities, please ring Annie on (01297) 21305.