Charity bed-push reaches Sidmouth on Sunday
Friends doing bed push for cancer charities arrive in Sidmouth on FolkWeek Sunday
TWELVE friends who are pushing a hospital bed 175 miles to raise �10,000 for cancer charities, will arrive in Sidmouth during FolkWeek Sunday on their way to Cornwall.
The team, from Pill near Bristol, will set off on Thursday and aim to raise cash for Macmillan Cancer Support, Friends of Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre and the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The bed push is the idea of Emma Derrick, 34, who was diagnosed with terminal cancer in May and has been given just months to live.
She said: “The care I have received…has just been amazing and I wanted to give something back.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved with the bed push can help by offering camping space, sandwiches for the team or even coming along to help push the bed at locations along the route.
Visit www.door2door4thecure.com, where donations, by cheques payable to: door2door4thecure, can also be made. The team will also be travelling with donation buckets.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary