Charity bed-push reaches Sidmouth on Sunday
Friends doing bed push for cancer charities arrive in Sidmouth on FolkWeek Sunday
TWELVE friends who are pushing a hospital bed 175 miles to raise �10,000 for cancer charities, will arrive in Sidmouth during FolkWeek Sunday on their way to Cornwall.
The team, from Pill near Bristol, will set off on Thursday and aim to raise cash for Macmillan Cancer Support, Friends of Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre and the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The bed push is the idea of Emma Derrick, 34, who was diagnosed with terminal cancer in May and has been given just months to live.
She said: “The care I have received…has just been amazing and I wanted to give something back.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved with the bed push can help by offering camping space, sandwiches for the team or even coming along to help push the bed at locations along the route.
Visit www.door2door4thecure.com, where donations, by cheques payable to: door2door4thecure, can also be made. The team will also be travelling with donation buckets.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research