Charity Christmas cards to go on sale for campaign
- Credit: Archant
A self-taught artist from Sidmouth is hoping her work will bring some festive cheer to the Admiral Nurse Campaign, as she unveils her design for the cause’s charity Christmas card.
Margaret Adams was approached by the Sid Valley Memory Café to use her painting skills to help boost its fundraising efforts.
The charity is trying to raise £100,000 to bring a dementia specialist to the area.
Some 7,000 prints of the artist’s ‘Sidmouth in the snow’ landscape have been produced. They will be on sale at the memory café towards the end of September.
Margaret said: “I want to do all I can for local people who need the service.
You may also want to watch:
“The Admiral Nurse is a wonderful thing. There are so many people giving their hearts and soul into the campaign now.”
The Bickwell Valley resident said that a good friend had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and used the memory café.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
She said: “It is very exciting to think the card could go all over the world. Some 7,000 are being ordered. How far can they travel? It is great promotion for the charity.”
After taking her art A-level a year early, Margaret returned to her passion after her three children had grown up.
She said: “I never went to art college and there was not so much time for art, but once the children grew up and I was retired, there was a lot more time.
“I love to do all types of art and learn about the history of art. I love doing the Sidmouth landscapes and seascapes.”
As the resident artist at Sidmouth Museum, Margaret designs landscapes for young artists to go along and paint.
The Admiral Nurse Campaign has currently raised £38,000 - and Margaret hopes the cards will be the top of residents’ Christmas lists.
The cards will cost £5 for a pack of 10, with five packs for £20.
An additional cost of £2.50 is added for postage and packaging.
Cheques should be made payable to the Sid Valley Memory Café.