Charity Christmas cards to go on sale for campaign
- Credit: Archant
A self-taught artist from Sidmouth is hoping her work will bring some festive cheer to the Admiral Nurse Campaign, as she unveils her design for the cause’s charity Christmas card.
Margaret Adams was approached by the Sid Valley Memory Café to use her painting skills to help boost its fundraising efforts.
The charity is trying to raise £100,000 to bring a dementia specialist to the area.
Some 7,000 prints of the artist’s ‘Sidmouth in the snow’ landscape have been produced. They will be on sale at the memory café towards the end of September.
Margaret said: “I want to do all I can for local people who need the service.
You may also want to watch:
“The Admiral Nurse is a wonderful thing. There are so many people giving their hearts and soul into the campaign now.”
The Bickwell Valley resident said that a good friend had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and used the memory café.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
She said: “It is very exciting to think the card could go all over the world. Some 7,000 are being ordered. How far can they travel? It is great promotion for the charity.”
After taking her art A-level a year early, Margaret returned to her passion after her three children had grown up.
She said: “I never went to art college and there was not so much time for art, but once the children grew up and I was retired, there was a lot more time.
“I love to do all types of art and learn about the history of art. I love doing the Sidmouth landscapes and seascapes.”
As the resident artist at Sidmouth Museum, Margaret designs landscapes for young artists to go along and paint.
The Admiral Nurse Campaign has currently raised £38,000 - and Margaret hopes the cards will be the top of residents’ Christmas lists.
The cards will cost £5 for a pack of 10, with five packs for £20.
An additional cost of £2.50 is added for postage and packaging.
Cheques should be made payable to the Sid Valley Memory Café.