Sidmouth Lions present charity concert From The Heart to raise money for Balloons
- Credit: Contributed
Songs, music, romantic sonnets and comedy poems will feature in charity concert
A concert with the theme of love takes place in Sidmouth on Friday September 7 to raise money for the charity Balloons, which supports bereaved children and young people.
The Sidmouth Lions Club are presenting From The Heart, an evening of songs, music, poetry and readings, at the Sidholme Hotel, Elysian Fields.
The programme includes songs from Love Never Dies, South Pacific, Oklahoma and Les Miserables, along with works by Stephen Sondheim. There will be readings from The Velveteen Rabbit, Shakespeare sonnets and lighter comedy poems.
Singer Vicki Angus Campbell, who has also organised the show, said;
You may also want to watch:
“We hope it will be a creative evening’s entertainment that will take the audience on a journey through the many landscapes contained within the four small letters, L-O-V-E.”
Also performing is local rising star Matt Colson, who played the leading role in Jesus Christ Superstar at Manor Pavilion Theatre two years ago, pianist Dorothy Worthington and guest artistes Helenka Shoesmith and Steve Vernon.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Tickets are £10 and available from Paper Moon.