Fancy-dress charity fun day at Sidmouth Cricket Club on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Bank holiday weekend cricket event at the Fortfield, Sidmouth, will raise money for Health and Local Food for Families (HALFF)
Sidmouth Cricket Club is hosting a charity seven-a side fancy-dress cricket tournament at the Fortfield on Sunday, August 27, with play starting at 11am.
The format for the day will be a six over competition between six sides, where each member will bowl one over with a strict time limit of 15 minutes per innings.
Prizes on the day will be for the runners-up and winning team, the best-dressed team, biggest six and player of the day.
Alongside the cricketing entertainment, there will also be a sound system with music and guest commentary, an ongoing barbecue, paddling pool corner, a women’s cricket match and ongoing games with prizes and a raffle where all proceeds will be going to the charity for the day, Health and Local Food for Families (HALFF).
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £10 per player which includes bacon bap and coffee on arrival, one drinks voucher and entry into ‘throw the stumps down’ game.
HALFF is a registered charity set up to help people, especially those who are vulnerable, disadvantaged and isolated to cook delicious healthy food for themselves and their families.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Anyone interested in playing or entering a team should contact Scott Barlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.