Charity mixes wine and calendar
SIDMOUTH Hospiscare’s 2011 calendar will be available at a forthcoming wine tasting fundraiser.
Bridge House Wines is hosting the wine tasting event at Knowle on Friday, December 3, to raise funds for the charity.
Having talked to one of the volunteers, Amanda Jones, who runs the wine shop, has taken an interest in Sidmouth Hospiscare, and hopes residents will support this event to help this local charity.
With the event being held just in time for Christmas, she has rallied several suppliers who will be offering tastes of a large variety of wines, plus some spirits. People can order on the night, but there is no pressure as the intention is to have a pleasant evening with friends.
Guests can buy a copy of the charity’s calendar on the evening, priced �5, with all proceeds going to Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Hospiscare secretary Carrie Machin said: “We are very excited that the calendar of East Devon scenery will be available at the wine tasting.
“Copies will then be available from 5 May Terrace or from Sidmouth Print, who have done an excellent job with the printing, at 63 High Street.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Carrie is keen to hear from any businesses that would like to display and sell the calendars.
Tickets for the wine tasting, which runs 7pm-9.30pm, are �7, available from Bridge House Wines, 29 Fore Street or Sidmouth Hospiscare, 5 May Terrace.
Although Sidmouth Hospiscare is part of the bigger Hospiscare organisation, it is an independent charity and fully self-funded, relying mainly on donations from people in the Sid Valley. Volunteers, especially drivers, are currently needed. For further information about volunteering, call volunteer co-ordinator Mavis Browning on 01395 513581 or Carrie on (01395) 578707.