Charity recognises volunteers’ 25 years
- Credit: Archant
Long-standing Cancer Research volunteers Beryl Farr and Joan Hall have been recognised for 25 years of service to the charity.
The duo have volunteered at the cause’s shop in Fore Street - Joan since it opened in 1987.
Both volunteers received a 25 years’ service badge, a letter from the charity’s head of retail and shop manager Diane Davies presented them with flowers for their hard work over a quarter of a decade.
Diane said: “It means a lot; charity shops have difficulty in getting volunteers.
“It means they care about the charity and enjoy coming here.”
You may also want to watch:
The outlet is always looking for more volunteers.
To enquire about volunteering, drop into the shop.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98