Charity recognises volunteers’ 25 years
- Credit: Archant
Long-standing Cancer Research volunteers Beryl Farr and Joan Hall have been recognised for 25 years of service to the charity.
The duo have volunteered at the cause’s shop in Fore Street - Joan since it opened in 1987.
Both volunteers received a 25 years’ service badge, a letter from the charity’s head of retail and shop manager Diane Davies presented them with flowers for their hard work over a quarter of a decade.
Diane said: “It means a lot; charity shops have difficulty in getting volunteers.
“It means they care about the charity and enjoy coming here.”
You may also want to watch:
The outlet is always looking for more volunteers.
To enquire about volunteering, drop into the shop.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out