Charlie Dimmock heads Sidmouth Dreamflight walk
Time to join TV gardening personality Charlie on walk to aid disabled youngsters
THERE is still time to dig out those walking shoes and join TV gardening personality Charlie Dimmock on a charity walk for Dreamflight, from Sidmouth on Saturday, June 4.
Charlie is a patron of the charity, which sends seriously ill and disabled children on a holiday of a lifetime.
Susie Lawrence, a BA purser from Newton Poppleford, has organised the 10-mile walk, which starts from Dukes, on Sidmouth seafront, at 10am and ends with camping, a barbecue and music at Axe Farm campsite by the River Axe.
Susie said: “We now have a few more walkers to join us, but would welcome anyone on the day to join us by making a donation to Dreamflight on my just giving page www.justgiving.com/Susan-Lawrence1 or to come to Dukes in Sidmouth to meet Charlie Dimmock and to see us off from the start of the walk at 10.00am.”
You may also want to watch:
Susie has set a �3,500 target, enough to send a child on this year’s Dreamflight to Florida.
Every year 192 seriously ill children, aged between eight and 14, are able to enjoy the holiday of a lifetime in Florida’s theme parks with Dreamflight’s help.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
Susie said: “Any support or donation is very gratefully received for these deserving children. If anyone is interested in walking with us please contact me on 07515529886 or email email@example.com.”