Charlie Dimmock heads Sidmouth Dreamflight walk
Time to join TV gardening personality Charlie on walk to aid disabled youngsters
THERE is still time to dig out those walking shoes and join TV gardening personality Charlie Dimmock on a charity walk for Dreamflight, from Sidmouth on Saturday, June 4.
Charlie is a patron of the charity, which sends seriously ill and disabled children on a holiday of a lifetime.
Susie Lawrence, a BA purser from Newton Poppleford, has organised the 10-mile walk, which starts from Dukes, on Sidmouth seafront, at 10am and ends with camping, a barbecue and music at Axe Farm campsite by the River Axe.
Susie said: “We now have a few more walkers to join us, but would welcome anyone on the day to join us by making a donation to Dreamflight on my just giving page www.justgiving.com/Susan-Lawrence1 or to come to Dukes in Sidmouth to meet Charlie Dimmock and to see us off from the start of the walk at 10.00am.”
You may also want to watch:
Susie has set a �3,500 target, enough to send a child on this year’s Dreamflight to Florida.
Every year 192 seriously ill children, aged between eight and 14, are able to enjoy the holiday of a lifetime in Florida’s theme parks with Dreamflight’s help.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
Susie said: “Any support or donation is very gratefully received for these deserving children. If anyone is interested in walking with us please contact me on 07515529886 or email email@example.com.”