Charlie Dimmock to lead Sidmouth charity walk
Gardening guru heads Sidmouth to Axmouth sponsored walk for Dreamflight
GARDENING guru Charlie Dimmock, will lead a sponsored walk from Sidmouth to Axmouth next month in aid of Dreamflight.
The 10-mile walk has been arranged by Susie Lawrence from Newton Poppleford and takes place on Saturday, June 4, starting at Dukes, Sidmouth, at 10am, finishing at the Ship Inn, Axmouth.
“Charlie Dimmock is coming along as she is patron of Dreamflight and part of the Peter Pan group, which covers the South West of England for the charity,” said Susie, who has set a target of �3,500 – enough to send a child on this year’s Dreamflight.
Each year the charity charters a Boeing 747 to take 192 seriously ill and disabled children, aged between eight and 14, on the holiday of a lifetime to Florida’s theme parks.
Susie, a BA purser, has set up a JustGiving page for people to make donations: www.justgiving.com/Susan-Lawrence1. She says taxpayers’ gift aid will boost donations for the charity.
“So far I have about 15 friends willing to do the walk, which is a beautiful part of the SW coastal path but quite arduous,” she said.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Police welcome response to knives amnesty
Susie hopes more volunteer walkers will join the trek with Charlie, who first appeared on BBC TV’s Ground Force. Those participating will stop for refreshments at Branscombe or Beer.
She said: “I really hope we can encourage more walkers to join us as the more people we have, the more we can raise for Dreamflight.
“The walk ends with camping, a barbecue and music at Axe Farm campsite by the River Axe.”
Find out more about the walk by e-mailing Susie at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07515529886.