Cheaper Folk tickets for Sidmouth people
THE Sidmouth FolkWeek 2010 taster programme is now available – and a new discounted rate for local residents has just been announced.
THE Sidmouth FolkWeek 2010 taster programme is now available - and a new discounted rate for local residents has just been announced.
People who live within the Sidmouth Town Council boundaries can buy Ham Marquee evening concert tickets at a reduced price up until July 25.
John Braithwaite, festival director, said: "FolkWeek is most grateful to Sidmouth Town Council for its continuing support and the discount price deal to residents in the town council area is a way that we can recognise that support."
Discounted tickets (maximum of four per household) must be bought in person from Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre with proof of address.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth Town Council area includes Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury, Harcombe and Salcombe Regis.
The taster programme, which is available from Sidmouth TIC and the FolkWeek website, gives details of all the events in the Ham Marquee and Bulverton Marquee.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Beautiful news for fans of music festival
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
It also covers a selection of the main events in the Manor Pavilion, Bedford Hotel, Methodist Church, Blackmore Gardens Marquee and Anchor Garden.
Advance tickets are available for many of the events from June 1
Mr Braithwaite added: "Advance tickets are limited in number, and we confidently expect that we will sell out of some of the quotas well before July 25!"
Among the Ham Marquee concert acts that are expected to be very popular are local award-winning duo Show of Hands; folk super-group Blue Murder; Boyes and Simpson, and accordionist Andy Cutting and Friends.
At the Bulverton Marquee, high-energy Festival Clubhouse events include Shooglenifty, Salsa Celtica and Bellowhead.
The Taster Programme also includes details of the workshop, social dance, ceilidh, dance display, Sidmouth traditions and storytelling areas of FolkWeek.
There is also a page in the programme devoted to events for families and children and another addition to Folk Week's new-look youth programme, called Folk-a-Cola.