Cheaper Folk tickets for Sidmouth people
THE Sidmouth FolkWeek 2010 taster programme is now available – and a new discounted rate for local residents has just been announced.
THE Sidmouth FolkWeek 2010 taster programme is now available - and a new discounted rate for local residents has just been announced.
People who live within the Sidmouth Town Council boundaries can buy Ham Marquee evening concert tickets at a reduced price up until July 25.
John Braithwaite, festival director, said: "FolkWeek is most grateful to Sidmouth Town Council for its continuing support and the discount price deal to residents in the town council area is a way that we can recognise that support."
Discounted tickets (maximum of four per household) must be bought in person from Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre with proof of address.
The Sidmouth Town Council area includes Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury, Harcombe and Salcombe Regis.
The taster programme, which is available from Sidmouth TIC and the FolkWeek website, gives details of all the events in the Ham Marquee and Bulverton Marquee.
- 1 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 2 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 3 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 4 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 5 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 6 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 7 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 8 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 9 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 10 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
It also covers a selection of the main events in the Manor Pavilion, Bedford Hotel, Methodist Church, Blackmore Gardens Marquee and Anchor Garden.
Advance tickets are available for many of the events from June 1
Mr Braithwaite added: "Advance tickets are limited in number, and we confidently expect that we will sell out of some of the quotas well before July 25!"
Among the Ham Marquee concert acts that are expected to be very popular are local award-winning duo Show of Hands; folk super-group Blue Murder; Boyes and Simpson, and accordionist Andy Cutting and Friends.
At the Bulverton Marquee, high-energy Festival Clubhouse events include Shooglenifty, Salsa Celtica and Bellowhead.
The Taster Programme also includes details of the workshop, social dance, ceilidh, dance display, Sidmouth traditions and storytelling areas of FolkWeek.
There is also a page in the programme devoted to events for families and children and another addition to Folk Week's new-look youth programme, called Folk-a-Cola.