Chefs cook up seasonal delights at Devon County Show
Development chef Dez at Brend Hotels group - owner of two Sidmouth hotels - joined by budding young chef Toby Mosedale at Devon County Show
LOCAL chefs take to the stage at the Devon County Show, which opens on Thursday, May 19 at Westpoint, near Exeter and runs until Saturday, May 21.
Throughout the three days they will give a series of cookery demonstrations which use local and seasonal ingredients.
Chefs from local restaurants and hotels will take to the stage at one end of the larger than ever food and drink pavilion to pass on great recipes, cooking tips and their passion for good food.
Victoria Hotel, Sidmouth, is part of the Brend Hotels group and the group’s development chef, Dez Turland, will be joined on Friday by budding young chef Toby Mosedale, who wowed last year’s County Show audience.
You may also want to watch:
Toby, 16, from Chulmleigh, has won a prestigious scholarship under chef Michel Roux junior at the three Michelin-starred Le Gavroche restaurant in London.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members