Cheggers wants Simouth to tune in to digital switchhover
TELEVISION personality Keith Chegwin wants Sidmouth to tune in to the forthcoming digital switchover.
TELEVISION personality Keith Chegwin wants Sidmouth to "tune in" to the forthcoming digital switchover.
The 52-year-old, who fronted TV programmes such as the Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, Saturday Superstore and Cheggers Plays Pop, wants to alert residents to the fact the analogue television signal in Devon will be switched off and replaced with a digital signal in the next few months.
Anyone without a digital receiver will no longer be able to watch television.
The Beacon Hill transmitter is due to be switched over in a two-stage process on Wednesday, April 8 and Wednesday, April 22 and the Stockland Hill transmitter will switch on Wednesday, May 6 and Wednesday, May 20.
Cheggers, as he is better known, has taken part in a series of promotional events for supplier Freeview throughout the region, and has urged Herald readers not to fear the switchover.
He said: "If I can do it, anyone can. People aren't aware of how easy it is- its simplicity. Freeview boxes are simple to install as they plug into the existing rooftop aerial and most new TV's have it as standard."
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
Freeview has been chosen as the Switchover Help Scheme's standard offer of help for eligible older and disabled people in the Westcountry.