Child found dead at Sidmouth home
- Credit: Archant
A child’s body has been found at a Sidmouth home.
Emergency services were called to Arcot Park in Sidmouth, at 5pm on Tuesday, October 15, after a concern was raised for the welfare of a child within a property.
Despite the best efforts of the ambulance and police the child was declared deceased at the scene.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "This is a desperately sad and tragic incident for everyone involved and our thoughts are with the child's family and friends at this incredibly difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
"The impact to the community and all who knew the child cannot be underestimated and police are engaging with the family and the school to ensure the necessary support is provided.
"The death is not being treated as suspicious and police are continuing their enquiries on behalf of the coroner."
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
A spokesman for South Western Ambulance Service said: "Our crews have been attending an incident at a private address in Sidmouth following a call at around 4.30pm. We cannot provide further details for confidentiality reasons."