Child injured and man arrested following collision in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A child was left with a suspected broken ankle after a car collided with a garage in Sidmouth.
A 50-year-old man has been arrested for driving offences and criminal damage following an incident in Coulsdon Road.
Police were called to the address at around 8.30pm last night (September 2). A man, believed to be the driver, was reportedly found on a nearby roof,
A police spokesman said: “Units attended and found that a boy had sustained a suspected broken ankle and the car had become stationary after collided with a nearby garage; the driver of the vehicle had left the scene.
“The child was taken to the Royal Devon & Exeter hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“Localised searches took place including support from the police helicopter, and a man believed to be the driver was located on a nearby roof. Negotiators were called to the scene and the man eventually came down of his own accord.
“A 50-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of driving offences and criminal damage, and awaits questioning.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead