Chimney fire at The Volunteer Inn

nga-fire-engine-web-crop--2-

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters were called out to The Volunteer Inn, Ottery St Mary, following reports of a chimney blaze.

Crew members arrived at the pub in Broad Street shortly after 2.37pm today (Monday).

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “On arrival, crews found a fire in the hearth of the chimney. Small tools and chimney gear were used to extinguish the fire.

“It did not spread outside the chimney breast itself.”

Michael Down, the owner of The Volunteer Inn, said: “It was a minor chimney fire. It was put out before the fire brigade got here.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus