Chimney fire breaks out at Seaton property
- Credit: Archant
Crews tackled a chimney fire in Seaton last night (Wednesday, October 10).
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a member of the public reporting a chimney fire at a property on Beer Road at about 7pm.
One fire appliance from Seaton was immediately mobilised by Fire Control.
On arrival, the incident commander confirmed that the chimney was well alight and crews got to work to extinguish the fire using chimney gear, a thermal imaging camera and a 10.5m ladder.
The crew revisited the property later in the evening to ensure that fire had not reignited.