Casualty rescued after Ottery kitchen fire
- Credit: Archant
One person had to be rescued after a fire in the kitchen of a house in Ottery St Mary on Sunday evening (August 23)
Fire crews from Ottery, Honiton and Middlemoor, along with police and ambulances, were called out at 8.10pm after reports of a smoke alarm sounding at a two-storey terraced house in Mill Street.
A spokesman for Ottery Fire Station said: “Fire crews arrived quickly and got to work dealing with the incident.
“One person was reported still inside the property and breathing apparatus was used to enter and rescue the casualty.
“The casualty suffered very minor smoke inhalation but was tended to by ambulance crews on scene and then taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish the individual a speedy recovery.”
The fire had started in a chip pan and left the house 20 per cent damaged.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of