Casualty rescued after Ottery kitchen fire
- Credit: Archant
One person had to be rescued after a fire in the kitchen of a house in Ottery St Mary on Sunday evening (August 23)
Fire crews from Ottery, Honiton and Middlemoor, along with police and ambulances, were called out at 8.10pm after reports of a smoke alarm sounding at a two-storey terraced house in Mill Street.
A spokesman for Ottery Fire Station said: “Fire crews arrived quickly and got to work dealing with the incident.
“One person was reported still inside the property and breathing apparatus was used to enter and rescue the casualty.
“The casualty suffered very minor smoke inhalation but was tended to by ambulance crews on scene and then taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish the individual a speedy recovery.”
The fire had started in a chip pan and left the house 20 per cent damaged.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank