Choir’s Big Sing has big results for charities
- Credit: Archant
Singers from across the valley raised the roof to raise money for local causes.
Sidmouth Parish Church was packed out for the second Big Sing featuring performances from the Sid Vale Folk, the Phoenix Singers, Sidmouth Gospel Choir, Sidmouth Choral Society and Sid Valley Choir.
On the night, more than £1,000 was donated and will be split between Sidmouth Town Band, the Admiral Nurse Campaign, Sidmouth Hospiscare, Gateway Homeless Action Group and the town’s food bank.
Jeremy Roberts, who acted as MC for the evening, said it was a ‘fantastic’ evening of musical talent from across the community.
“It was a great success. I have never been anywhere where there were hardly any seats with 15 minutes to go. It was fantastic. It was great to have that variety and to have a range of different styles.”
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening all 150 performers sang ‘spine tingling’ renditions of You’ll Never Walk Alone and Sing.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge