Choir’s Big Sing has big results for charities
- Credit: Archant
Singers from across the valley raised the roof to raise money for local causes.
Sidmouth Parish Church was packed out for the second Big Sing featuring performances from the Sid Vale Folk, the Phoenix Singers, Sidmouth Gospel Choir, Sidmouth Choral Society and Sid Valley Choir.
On the night, more than £1,000 was donated and will be split between Sidmouth Town Band, the Admiral Nurse Campaign, Sidmouth Hospiscare, Gateway Homeless Action Group and the town’s food bank.
Jeremy Roberts, who acted as MC for the evening, said it was a ‘fantastic’ evening of musical talent from across the community.
“It was a great success. I have never been anywhere where there were hardly any seats with 15 minutes to go. It was fantastic. It was great to have that variety and to have a range of different styles.”
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening all 150 performers sang ‘spine tingling’ renditions of You’ll Never Walk Alone and Sing.
- 1 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 2 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home