Choir voices support for SOS
SID Vale Folk Choir members have voiced their support of the Save Our Sidmouth campaign by handing over �100.
The money, which will be match funded by the Sid Vale Association, will go towards a planning consultant to help protesters fight plans to redevelop Knowle.
The choir’s chairman, Alan Licalsi, said its members were delighted to be able to help to try to preserve the heritage of Sidmouth - which they all hold dear to their hearts.
Sid Vale Folk Choir is open to both men and women from Sidmouth and the Sid Valley.
The choir meets in Sidmouth every Thursday evening from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
New members are welcome and there is no audition to join.
Call secretary Shirley on 01395 513910 for more information.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge